If you’re here wondering what ISNetworld is, you’re likely a business owner or manager with a client asking you to get certified in ISNetworld. But what is ISNetworld, what’s it used for, and how are you supposed to get certified?
ISNetworld is a contractor management system (aka a vendor management system). ISNetworld is basically software that large corporations use to help manage their contractors’ compliance and safety standards. Large corporations often have hundreds (or, in some cases, thousands) of contractors they use for various projects, maintenance, etc. ISNetworld helps corporations track and manage their contractors to ensure they meet safety standards and compliance requirements.
What is ISNetworld used for?
So, how do corporations use ISNetworld to stay on top of their contractors and enforce safety standards? Corporations use ISNetworld at every stage of evaluating and working with contractors, including:
- Pre-qualification: Before a company hires a contractor, they may require the contractor to pre-qualify against specific compliance standards the company sets when implementing ISNetworld.
- Data Collection and Verification: ISNetworld helps businesses collect and verify safety, compliance, and risk information.
- Monitoring, Recordkeeping, and Reporting: Businesses use ISNetworld to monitor their contractors’ ongoing compliance by collecting and maintaining training records, safety incidents, certificates of insurance, and other safety documentation for their contractors.
ISNetworld works like a massive database of contractors who connect with the corporations (called Hiring Clients) and are assigned letter grades on their safety Scorecard (A is the highest, F is the lowest). Each Hiring Client grades their contractors in ISNetworld differently, but nearly all of them will disqualify contractors whose Scorecards do not have a high enough grade. And contractors who aren’t on ISNetworld won’t be considered for jobs.
Who uses ISNetworld?
ISNetworld is mainly used by large corporations that have many contractors they work with for things like construction, land management, factory maintenance and repair, and more. Over 750 of these large corporations use ISNetworld to manage over 75,000 contractors in around 85 countries.
You can see a complete list of the corporations using ISNetworld to manage their contractors on the ISNetworld website. These corporations include many members of the Fortune 500 list and very well-known, household brand names, such as:
- Costco Wholesale
- Union Pacific
- Walt Disney Company
What are the benefits of being on ISNetworld?
The most important benefit of ISNetworld is to provide a standardized system for vetting contractors, which is particularly useful for corporations that hire many contractors for many different purposes. However, ISNetworld also benefits the contractors: once they have loaded their safety information and become compliant in ISNetworld for one Hiring Client, the contractor will usually be set to go for another Hiring Client. This makes it easier for the contractor to grow their business because they can easily qualify for new business with additional large accounts.
Additionally, there are some features built into ISNetworld that contractors can take advantage of as part of their subscription, including:
- Increased Visibility: As noted earlier, many large companies in industries such as oil and gas, construction, manufacturing, and healthcare are on ISNetworld, and many use ISNetworld to find contractors and suppliers. Therefore, having a profile on the platform can lead to more business opportunities.
- Safety and Compliance Tools: ISNetworld helps contractors track safety metrics and performance data. All this data can be used to identify opportunities for improvement and help develop a strong culture of safety. Additionally, there are features in ISNetworld that help contractors stay on top of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Training and Resources: ISNetworld has an extensive library of resources, training, and best practices that subscribers can use to enhance their teams’ knowledge and operations.
Should I sign up for ISNetworld?
If you are evaluating whether your business should be on ISNetworld, the question comes down to two key issues. Many contracts have one or two clients they earn a lot of profit from who require them to certify in ISNetworld. Contractors in this situation will want to sign up for ISNetworld and get approved.
For contractors who are not required to do so, signing up for ISNetworld is more of an investment in prospects and the long-term profitability of the business. The benefits of this investment should be weighed against the costs of getting certified on the ISNetworld system.
If you’re unsure whether you should be signing up for ISNetworld or if it’s right for your business, contact us today, and we’ll be happy to help you decide what’s best for your circumstances.
Need help getting certified in ISNetworld?
Our full service management options save you time and allow you to focus on your business.
Contact us today!